Saturday, October 9, 2010

It musta been one of them days...

 t's one of them rare occurences where I ain't gonner bitch none.  Surprisin', yes?  Unfortunately, I likely ain't gonner say much that's gonner interest the layman none, either.

Well, as some of you may know, I finally entered the realm of the iPod world about a year an' a half ago.  It weren't like I could afford it any more than I could in previous considerations, but it were a case of bite the bullet er lose all the hard work I put inter uploadin' my 1,000 CD collection ter the iTunes in my computer at work.  Heh.  Well, needless ter say, my 13,000 pieces of musical inspiration is doin' just fine these days packed away inter a lil iPod Classic.

That's 'side the point, though.  What I really wanner say is that I gotter admit that the iPod done changed the way I listen ter my music collection.  Puttin' that baby on shuffle has reminded me of stuff I got that I ain't listened to in a long time, sure, but it's also brought to my attention a lotter stuff I was fairly hazy on even ownin', ter say the least.  That's usually good, I must admit, but have ya noticed that most of the time that there shuffle is a skip-skip-skip kinder experience?  Sometimes that confounded lil bit of technology just refuses ter play anythin' I want ter listen to in an unexpected kinder manner.

But, this past Thursday, I turned that sucker on 'bout 2pm er so when my conference period started at work an' let it play straight through my gradin', email answerin', an' even the bicycle ride home (somethin' I don't typically condone).  An' I must admit, that there iPod didn't do me wrong.  Check out this here coupler hours worth of random shuffle playlist...


Love is Just a Gamble – T-Bone Walker
Blues On Purpose – Nina Simone
Country Boy – Little Jimmy Dickens
I’m Yours, You’re Mine – Morphine
Wild Side of Life – The Stanley Brothers
Fast Freight – Ritchie Valens
Attack – The Exploited
Hole – The Jesus and Mary Chain
Someday Someway – Robert Gordon with Link Wray
Trying Your Luck – The Strokes
He Never Left Me Alone – The Reverend Gary Davis
Cut – Low
Jo Jo Gunne – Chuck Berry
No Quiero – Ry Cooder
If The Lord Be For You – The Reverend Gary Davis
The Tranquilizer – Orbital
All The Pretty Horses – The Friends of Dean Martinez
Jazzmaster – Alex Reece
He Can Be Found – The Louvin Brothers
Tijuana Jail – Johnny Bond
I Got It – Little Richard
Kentucky – The Louvin Brothers
The Stomp – ODB
I Got a Rocket In My Pocket – Jimmy Lloyd
Ridin’ the Storm Out – REO Speedwagon
Bring His Guitar To Me / Burn Sahara Burn – Brian Tyler (Six String Samurai Soundtrack)
The Chase – Alan Reeves (Kill Bill Vol2 Soundtrack)
Kisses Sweeter Than Wine – Jimmie Rodgers
Supercop – The Road Kings
Elevator Operator – Royal Crown Revue
The Wedding – Trevor Jones (Excalibur Soundtrack)
The Swag – Link Wray
Kitty Cat Song – Mack Stevens
On A Plain – Nirvana (MTV Unplugged)
Cold – The Cure
King Creole (take 3) – Elvis Presley
Theology / Civilization – Basil Poledouris (Conan The Barbarian Soundtrack)
Danny Boy (Londonberry Air) – The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Death of the Inferno – The Bad Things
How Do You Know It’s Love? – Eric Serra (The Professional Soundtrack)
A Get Together To Tear It Apart – The Hives
Why Can’t I Touch It? – The Buzzcocks
P.O.E. – Adam and the Ants
Waterslides! – The Aquabats
Feeling Lucky – The Jesus and Mary Chain
Love At The Swimming Hole – Louis and Bebe Barron (Forbidden Planet Soundtrack)
Hello There Rockin’ Chair – Sid King and the Five Strings
Happy Roving Cowboy – Hank Williams (Health and Happiness)
Graveyard / Night With Two Moons – Louis and Bebe Barron (Forbidden Planet Soundtrack)
Open Up Your Heart and Let The Sunshine In – Frente! (Saturday Morning Cartoons)
Tropicalia – Beck
Ready Steady Go – Paul Oakenfold
Mercy – The Collins Kids
Under the Bridge – The Red Hot Chili Peppers

An' "Under the Bridge" almost cinematically wrapped up as I pulled The Red Baron BMX kustom up in front of the apartment buildin'.

Yeah, I know it prolly ain't the most innerestin' bit of writin'.  Just a long list of my iPod doin' me right fer a change.  But sometimes ya just gotter point out when things seem ter go right in the world, eh?

Yeehaww!

-Squeezebox Sam

1 comment: